Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Williams Water Wall

21 July 2009 - Houston, Texas. Willaims Waterwall

I've been in Houston for days and haven't seen many people or done many things. I'm not eating right, sleeping right or exercising...so I feel tired all the time and what little energy I have I've spent with family and a handful of friends (a/k/a three friends). It sucks not to have enough energy to see everyone, especially since I have no excuse to be tired. But alas, I am.

I'm staying in yet another warm and comfy guest bedroom, this time in a house of friend I met traveling in 2004. I wake up each morning to massive windows overlooking the Williams Tower & Water Wall. When I was an energy banker in Houston, Williams was one of my favorite clients and host to some extraordinarily fun (and productive, I promise) bank meetings that included two nights in resorts and golf for the golfers, spa treatments for the rest of us. In fact, the windbreaker the Millennium girls shared during breezy night watches on the Indian Ocean was a Williams jacket with bank meeting details embroidered subtly on the chest....the same jacket I was wearing when Sybaris sailed up to the coast of Lebanon that first time.

Lately I take pleasure in noticing the threads of my history that weave through the experiences, continents, and relationships and seem to get richer and more colourful as life goes on. Houston feels like the canvas on which everything is painted, so it's always nice to come home and examine the brush strokes up close.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali i took ny son allthe way to the top one day,There were some workers that showed us ho to go up so man floors and then cross over the hall to another elevator and you go up.the romm was under construction but had these low windows that would open like a door.Then we went right above us where the big search lights were When you look at it from the out side you will see like two large garage doors on all four sides.They now have a light on the top.When they use two use the others the morning clouds would be there and the building looked like it was on fire.They were gettin calls all the time.My grandson comes today.It would be neet to take him up there,but security is so tight you cant go.UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE????? Just kidding.It was called the Transco Tower then and i still call it that.