Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nikki is "doing very well" ! ! !

2 June 2009 - Beirut, Lebanon.

My best friend Nikki's brain aneurysm procedure was yesterday in Houston, Texas. I just got word from my sister that Nikki is doing very well...in recovery...in ICU. The 24 hour observation period started around 3pm Houston time...so hopefully around 3pm Tuesday she'll be out of ICU. Here's more:

The surgery went really well and it only took 3 hours instead of the usual 4-4.5 hours. During the surgery, they waited an hour to make sure the blood was flowing properly and it was so they completed the surgery as planned. They will observe her for 24 hours because there’s still a chance that the blood may clot or she may have a stroke. Once she’s in ICU, she can have visitors. Only her dad was allowed in Recovery. At 5:36pm Nikki's dad called my sister to say Nikki was awake and wanted to see Nik (her 11 year old son who is staying with my sister Missy). Missy and Nik headed straight to the hospital, after which he spent the night with Missy.

I'm so relieved. Thanks to everyone who sent thoughts and prayers our way. I only survived yesterday with help from Alyssa, Jen and JohnR...and most of all my sister & brother-in-law, Missy and Jon, who spent all weekend with Nikki and her family...and are taking care of Nik during the ordeal. Love y'all!!!!

St. Luke's Hospital has a Families & Visitors page where you can send an e-mail to Nikki (Nicole Fields) in room: ICU 7 4 Bed 1

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS...........thanks for posting that Ali; I've been thinkin about Wheelo and how she went, she's over the hurdle now and closing in on the winner's finishing line .....GO Wheelo !!!!!!
BIG hugs to you
x's
Alyssa's Mum