Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Richardson Report


3 June 2009 - Beirut, Lebanon

My dear friend John H. Richardson has once again included me in The Richardson Report on-line at Esquire...it covers some of my pre-election time in Lebanon.

I can't express what a privilege it is for me to have John not only read the dozens and dozens of pages I write him, but to guide me along on this journey, teach me tons about the politics I don't understand...and then surprise me with such a cool article sharing tiny bits of detail I never even noticed might be interesting.

I haven't blogged at all about Lebanon because it's been overwhelming, my experiences with people have been very personal, and the political situation here is too daunting for my novice observations on a blog. Thanks, John, for selecting some snippets that my friends and family (and a few anonymous blog readers?) can enjoy.

Y'all, read more about John here and check out his wonderful book about his dad.

1 comments:

wheelo said...

thanks for incorporating ali's observations in your article again, john. you both write so beautifully...you're a good team :)