Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Her

Kiss Album Cover - Dynasty (1979)

March 10, 2014 - Grapevine, TX

Tonight I saw the movie 'Her' about a guy who falls in love with his computer's operating system.  I felt the plot improbable until she was able to cleanup his email box by extracting the 64 funny-nostalgic emails and delete the 8,000 others in less than three seconds.  I'd fall in love with that too. [bxA]

Everything about the information age reminds me of the Kiss song I listened to about a thousand times as a kid (because my brother was a huge fan, member of the Kiss Army, etc) called 2000 Man. It's got a line that goes:

You know my wife still respects me 
even though I really misuse her
I am having an affair
with a random computer.

That's quite a lot of information for a 9-year old at the cusp of 1979 and 1980, one of those ideas that piques the imagination and you spend the next few decades quietly waiting for it to happen.


And then it does.






0 comments: