Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Flint & Forleo



March 3, 2014 - Grapevine, TX

I just signed up for an 8-week online course on entrepreneurship.  One of my favorite Wayfinder friends texted, "cracks me up that you love all the entrepreneur stuff but don't want to be one..."  She's right, I don't know why I'm doing it.[bxA]

Kelli, the one who got me my current job and always offers to let me live in one of the guest rooms in her palatial house (my fallback plan), texted me tonight with what she says is my dream job:  Organizational Talent Consultant.  It's funny, I also profess to loathe HR.

Always the contradictions.

Still, Marie Forleo is a bursting ball of positive energy and I love it when she tells me, "the world needs that special gift that only you you have."  I am excited about taking her course.

Meanwhile, my Syrian friend has not popped up on Facebook in too many days, which renders meaningless anything I choose to distract myself in this supercharged, over-privileged American Life.

Even if he's okay, he's not okay.  It sucks over there.

But I guess we all just keep doing what we do on our patch of the planet while the Earth keeps turning on its axis.

1 comments:

assie said...

it so sucks over there.... over 3 years now !!!

this post kinda reminds me of you writing down books to read and movies off play lists w/ no intention to actually read or watch them !!!! haha