Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


01 January 2010 - Bangkok, Thailand.

Happy new year, everyone!

I flew to Bangkok on the 30th and got to the US Embassy with only minutes to spare. [bxA] My new passport is valid to December 2019.

Reminds me of the summer 2000, waiting in a queue at a post office in Southwest Houston with the application for my very first passport. I was heading to Tanzania for a month to study abroad. My arms were sore from immunizations - Hepatitis A, Hep B (and the boosters), Yellow Fever, Tetanus, Typhoid, Diphtheria, etc...not to mention that fat stack of Lariam (anti-malaria) pills that made me CRAZY and DEPRESSED and PSYCHOTIC just like the disclaimer warned. Ahhh, the fun of travel.

Speaking of travel fun, I'm hanging in Bangkok lazily planning my exit strategy since my Thai visa expires on 2nd January. Looks like I'll probably head to Cambodia and check out Angkor Wat, then return to Phuket for a while. Technically I should leave tomorrow, but I want to see Avatar in 3D at a cinema in Bangkok.

So that's my New Year's Day report. Looking forward to 2010!

0 comments: