Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beirut Basics: Beach and Shawarmas

From Sporting Beach Club Day (public)

6 August 2009. Sporting Beach Club - Beirut, Lebanon.
After a few lazy days of jet lag, we dived back into Beirut on Thursday. Osama invited us to spend his half day off at Sporting Beach Club down on the Corniche. We had the Mediterranean in front of us and Beirut behind us...[bxA]

From Sporting Beach Club Day (public)

Later, Osama’s brother joined us in Hamra for a feast of shawarmas shawarmas shawarmas…

From Sporting Beach Club Day (public)

Then to Achrafieh for dessert…

From Sporting Beach Club Day (public)

Back to Hamra to witness takin' down the wall at Danny’s pub.

From Sporting Beach Club Day (public)


It’s good to be back.


There are more photos on my public album at Picassa, but am editing this from Syria and cannot access much here. In fact, it'll be a miracle if this posts - can't access my blog but somehow got into edit this entry.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you not put up a decent photo of a shawarma please ? - all I can see are wrappers - very depressing - what are ingredients please so I can try to make myself one ? You know what, would be best if you did not post any more foodie pictures - is absolute torture - the picture of the sushi platter you had on the boat that time, well it nearly killed me - my tongue was hanging so far out of my mouth that I tripped over it and almost fell down stairs........LOLA ;o)