Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blind Boys & Books


Album Cover:  I'll Find a Way, Blind Boys of Alabama.

January 4, 2014 - Grapevine Texas.

After my haircut at Tony & Guy this morning, I ended up on a cushy chair at Barns & Noble reading Coming Apart, about the unprecedented class divergence in white America, while the sound system played gospel songs by the Blind Boys of Alabama.  

It's one of those days [bxA] I'm not sure how I'm going to figure things out, so I tried not to try.


Just when I needed it, one of my former neighbors from the Phuket days posted on Facebook a delightful short film created by her daughter's friend.  It was named best of 2013 by USA Today.

I needed some delight and so this made my day:  

the Scared is scared from Bianca Giaever on Vimeo.

"When the scared feeling comes into you, the scared is scared of things you like."

Yup.  I'll go with that.

0 comments: