Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why Am I Here?

2010 - Phuket, Thailand. Water buffalo 'mowing' my lawn.

20 July 2010 - Phuket, Thailand.

I was home most of the day sifting through piles of papers in preparation for my Phuket departure in ten days. [bxA]



This is the round-trip ticket from Beirut to New Delhi that Sandra told me not to buy last September. We were eating eggs for breakfast in Hamra and discussing our uncertain futures. She said a return ticket was too limiting, a safety net I didn’t need. I pondered for quite some time that my life had reached a point where my one big fear-based safety net was a plane ticket back to Beirut.

I do love safety nets so I bought the return ticket. Sandra was right, of course. I forfeited the ticket when it expired in March and recently bought a new one-way ticket to Beirut for early August.

2010 - Phuket, Thailand. Sunset at Nai Harn beach.

It’s fun being out in the world with no particular place to go and no particular reason to leave once I get there.

0 comments: