Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I (wheelo/nikki) am home...where I will be trapped for the next couple of weeks. I really want to thank all of Ali's fans for your thoughts, well wishes and prayers. It means more to me than I could ever express. And thank you Jenn, Elaine & Dennis and Mum...hee....I mean, Rosie :) When the candy stripers (I don't think they actually call them that anymore...they call them auxilliary workers...but how clinical does that sound...blech) brought me your emails...I cried...I was so touched. I don't know how many of you know or know of Ali's family...but they are a spectacular bunch. They were so supportive and did so much to help with my move the weekend before the surgery and went so far above and beyond...it's just...there are no words to describe how deeply grateful I am. Oh my gosh..and I have the most amazing boss! He is one of the most kind and generous people I've ever known and I am so fortunate to work for him. There are so many other people who gave of themselves and sacrificed their time to help me and who have been visiting and checking on me...it's overwhelming and I almost feel a little unworthy of all the love that has been showered upon me. and then there is Ali...I miss her desperately...and I so wish she could have been here...but just communicating via chat and the occasional phone call...warms my heart and comforts me tremendously. Gah...and now I'm an emotional mess and I can tell I'm going to start rambling in about 2 seconds...so I will end this. Just...thank you...thank you all so much. There are truly so many wonderful people in this world, and I feel truly blessed to be the recipient of even a fraction of your kindness.
i want to thank you, show my gratitude, my love and my respect for you, i wanna thank you"
"kind and generous" by natalie merchant

3 comments:

Ali said...

Wow, Nikki, that was so sweet! You're the best. This blog post completely freaked me out because I'd forgotten you are my webmaster and have posting rights. I thought someone hijacked my blog! That wouldn't be such a bad thing since I hate posting on it. Love you and so glad you are back!!!
Ali

wheelo said...

hee hee. now you just have to hope i don't go mad with the power of posting rights >:-)

Anonymous said...

Glad your ok Wheelo From Dennis and Elaine